By Clarissa Wei
- 1.5 oz. Bacon Fat-Washed Bourbon
- 3 oz. Tomato Juice
- Squeeze of Lemon juice
- Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Pinch of Celery Salt
- Pinch ground Horseradish
- Iceberg Lettuce Foam
For the bacon fat-washed bourbon:
- 1 lb. package of Bacon strips
- 2 or 3 Cups Bourbon
- Cook bacon. Reserve rendered fat.
- Combine the melted fat (still warm and liquid-y) with the bourbon. Stir until well incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to the freezer for several hours or until the fat has settled on the top and hardened.
- Once frozen, break the hardened off and double strain the bourbon into a separate container.
For the lettuce foam:
- 1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
- 1 Egg White
- 1 head of Iceberg Lettuce
Requires CO2 Foamer
- Chop up iceberg lettuce into big chucks. Add 1/2 cup of water and muddle until broken down. Strain and reserve liquid.
- Combine Lecithin, egg white, iceberg lettuce water.
- Transfer to the tube of a CO2 hand-held foaming device.
- Combine fat-washed bourbon, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt, and horseradish. Shake and strain into a chilled beer glass. Garnish with the iceberg lettuce foam.
- Dunk a Romaine lettuce leaf into the drink, leaving enough to poke out the top of the drink.
- Skewer bacon around a cherry tomato and a black olive.