Sometimes life calls for a cocktail — especially on a Friday. While you can’t go wrong with a simple vodka and soda, there are times when you want to really shake things up. We turn to area restaurants and bars for inspiration. Today’s comes from Casa Nonna in New York.
Blood Orange Margarita
- ½ ounce tequila, preferably Sauza Blanco
- ¾ ounce Cointreau
- 1 ounce blood orange puree
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- Splash of simple syrup
- Build in a shaker from the juice up, add ice and shake.
- Strain over fresh ice in double rocks glass with a salted rim (salt optional).
- Garnish with an orange wheel.