Well, did everyone do their patriotic duty and grill out this week? Some burgers, perhaps? Hot dogs? Maybe even grillin’ some pizza?!
- What’s more patriotic than a good ol’ steak, in a good ol’ DC steakhouse? Tom Sietsema re-re-re-investigates the steakhouse scene in DC and comes up “meh” with a few gold stars for wine lists (Charlie Palmer), cocktails (Capital Grille) and bread baskets (BLT Steak). But “best singular steak: went to Bourbon Steak in Georgetown. Here, here good boys! Here, here!
- Shed your best singular tear, folks, cause America Eats Tavern closed its doors, as promised, on Wednesday. Eater DC has the brief history of the brief life of Jose Andres’ ode to American food.
- And she will be called (drum roll, please!): Ghibellina! Wait. How do you say that? Anyway, the pair behind Acqua Al 2, Ari Gejdenson and partner Ralph Lee, have finally revealed the name of their much anticipated Italian gastropub which will be located on 14th Street. What’s an Italian gastropub, you ask? Washingtonian has the scoop:
- “The Italian gastropub part is like a Tuscan trattoria with a lot of Italian craft beers: Along with wood-fired pizza—four standards and two revolving specials—the menu will include salads, charcuterie, ravioli and other fresh pastas, osso bucco, andbistecche alla Fiorentina.”
- Last but not least fellow eaters, stay cool this weekend. With temps upwards of 100 degrees the CityEats crew wishes you lots of ice water, a pool and maybe even a cabana boy to serve you up some of these refreshing cocktails.