Sometimes life calls for a cocktail — especially on a Friday. While you can’t go wrong with a simple vodka and soda, there are times when you want to really shake things up. We turn to area restaurants and bars for inspiration. This week, Gina Chersevani of the soon-to-open Hank’s Oyster Bar on Capitol Hill shares her Land Lubber.
- 1 1/2 oz Chairman Rum
- 1 oz Velvet Falernum
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 4 drops of House made clove tincture or angostura bitters
- Fill shaker 3/4 full with ice.
- Add rum, velvet Falernum, and lime juice.
- Shake until frothy then strain over fresh in a rimmed rocks glass.
- Top with tincture or bitters.
- Gently press glass w/citrus salt
Citrus Sea Salt
- 1 cup sea salt
- 1 zest of lime
- 1 zest of lemon,
- 1 zest of orange
- Mix all together. Keeps for about a month.