How’s this for a perfect Saturday? On April 28, Brewery Ommegang of Cooperstown will be hosting the first-ever Ommegang Hop Chef Competition™ in partnership with CityEats’ own Chef Teddy Folkman of Granville Moore’s.
Next Saturday, you can watch some of DC’s best and brightest chefs show off their beer and food pairing skills in head-to-head competition. The battle, which is sure to bring some surprises (culinary or otherwise), will feature 14 dishes and at least seven hand-selected beers for your tasting and sipping pleasure. And all of this delicious indulgence is in the name of a good cause, as proceeds go to Share our Strength and its efforts to end childhood hunger.
Want in? You and 199 other lucky guests will be able to enjoy the results of your competitors’ hard work and vote the People’s Choice Winner. Buy your tickets now.
The complete event details:
- Saturday, April 28th, 2012, 1-4pm
- Atlas Performing Arts Center, 1333 H Street NE
- Tickets are $75 each
Competing chefs include:
- Jamie Leeds, Hank’s Oyster Bar
- Jeff Eng, Clyde’s of Tower Oaks
- Bradley Walker, Boundary Road
- Mike Bonk, Sonoma
- Nicholas Stefanelli, Bibiana
- Mark Marrocco, Magnolias at the Mill
- Will Artley, Pizzeria Orso.