Sometimes life calls for a cocktail — especially on a Friday. While you can’t go wrong with a simple vodka and soda, there are times when you want to really shake things up, so we turn to restaurants and bars across the country for inspiration. This week, shake up a Meyer Lansky Sour, a cocktail named after the famous Jewish Gangster from the 1920s from DGS Delicatessen in Washington, D.C.
- 2 ounces gin, preferably botanical-heavy variety, like Small’s
- 1¼ ounce of Meyer lemon juice, strained
- Splash of simple syrup
- Dash of orange bitters, preferably Regan’s
- Pour all ingredients into a mixing glass.
- Fill with ice and shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled glass.